For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion-dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Who You Are:
A successful candidate will bring energy and excitement to the daily challenges. This person should be as comfortable preparing work as they are delegating and managing tasks because we are “One Getty Images with no silos”. We show that by everyone pitching in to accomplish the same goals. We are a team of people who care about each other and want others to succeed, learn, grow, and have fun along the way.
This position plays a key leadership role in Getty’s Global Finance Team and is responsible for managing various activities in our general ledger accounting team. This role acts as a liaison and resource for internal and external stakeholders (including external auditors), while providing day-to-day leadership and mentoring to a team of accounting professionals. This position reports to the Controller.
Your Next Challenge:
• Managing multiple teams within the General Ledger function (US and International). This position oversees 4-5 US direct reports and 2 international direct reports.
• Plays a key role in leading every month-end close process by preparing and reviewing journal entries and preparing management reports.
• Participates in the annual audit by planning and coordinating PBC lists and audit support deliverables.
• Reviewing, analyzing, and reconciling general ledger accounts to ensure accurate balances are reflected in the financial statements. This role primarily oversees Cost of Sales, Cash, Derivatives, and Marketing cost center.
• Ensuring compliance with all US GAAP, finance policies, regulations and laws while staying abreast of legal, regulatory and policy developments. Strong technical acumen is a must.
• Takes ownership and initiative on new and current projects that impact company-wide objectives and the General Ledger function.
• Inspires direct reports through his/her professionalism and work integrity; displays can-do attitude is collaborative in nature.
• Effectively delegates the appropriate tasks to the right individuals based on his or her competence and motivation levels; pushes tasks and decisions down, empowering others.
What You’ll Need:
• Minimum of 5 years relevant and/or management experience in this field.
• Critical eye and attention to detail to identify error in direct reports’ work products.
• Ability to independently set direction, motivate team and deliver results. An strong ability to “figure things out” and work to find answers to problems.
• High degree of emotional maturity, leadership presence and ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels.
• Deadline driven with a desire for continual process improvements.
•Oracle experience a plus.
Education and Certifications
• B.S./B.A./MPAcc in Accounting (or CPA Eligible)
• CPA a plus
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.