Manager, Accounts Payable at Smartsheet
The Accounts Payable and Receivable team at Smartsheet is looking for an organized and motivated AP Manager to increase department accuracy, efficiency and provide strong leadership to the team and larger organization. The ideal candidate has experience in building scalable policies and processes in a dynamic and growing international SaaS company, brings enthusiasm and a “can do” spirit and thrives in an ever-changing environment.
Sound like you? Then you might be a great fit for our Manager, AP role at Smartsheet.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily management, operations, and internal controls of the accounts payable and corporate card functions
- Manage the processing, coding, and payment of invoices and expense reports, sales and use tax accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, 1099 compliance, and exception resolution
- Hire, train, supervise, and mentor Accounts Payable associates
- Identify and manage process improvements to streamline and create efficiencies
- Ensure vendors are paid accurately and timely
- Manage the month-end closing process for the accounts payable function
- Collaborate with purchasing function to provide metrics and reports
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations to the general ledger
- Create and maintain policies and procedures for the Accounts Payable department including analysis of key controls and reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related business field
- Minimum 6-10 years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Minimum 2-5 years of management experience
- Experience in an international, multi-currency organization preferred
- Experience utilizing technology to automate processes is a plus
- Experience with large ERP system (NetSuite, SAP); experience with Coupa preferred
- Advanced Google or MS Office skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid logic capability; ability to see “outside the box”
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to connect with and motivate a team; to effectively collaborate with other functional areas to achieve our overall mission
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills; outstanding customer focus
We empower everyone to improve how they work. We are a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, enabling teams and organizations to plan, capture, manage, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. We were founded in 2005 with a vision to build a universal application for work management that does not require coding capabilities.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.