Manager, Commissions Operations
Smartsheet is seeking a Manager, Commissions Operations to own the commissions planning and execution at Smartsheet. In this position, you will be responsible for building and recommending commission plans that align with our company objectives.
This impactful role reports to the Director of Sales Operations and is based in Smartsheet’s corporate office in Bellevue, WA.
- Build a high functioning, effective and collaborative team by driving the necessary actions to recruit, hire, onboard, and align staff members.
- Manage and develop employees into successful contributors for the commissions operations team.
- Lead the day to day activities of the commission operations team and ensure ability to scale for continued business growth.
- Forecast commission payments, and present upcoming changes to Sales and Finance leadership.
- Align with goals and objectives of the Revenue Operations teams to manage the operational workflow by ensuring accurate, complete, and timely preparation and application of commissions and monthly financial close deliverables.
- Manage the ongoing evaluation of commission operations policies, systems and tools
- Interface with company auditors during the SOX testing of commission operations audits and controls. Implement solutions where controls need to be enhanced and/or remediated.
- Ensure accuracy of data and inputs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or equivalent in experience.
- 5+ years sales commission experience
- Preferred experience with Callidus and Salesforce
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once with superior time-management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to often work with people as well as be a self-motivated team player
- Proven ability to build a successful team and scale operations at a growing company.
- Demonstrated strong leadership performance, with increasing levels of responsibility and team coaching and development.
- Proven track record of leading and collaborating cross-functionally to gain support and assistance from key stakeholders and organizations.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and prior experience working with auditors on internal controls testing and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and personal judgment.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Getting From Idea to Impact! At a time when organizational speed and execution are critical to gaining a competitive edge, modern work — especially at scale — is increasingly bogged down by legacy tools and legacy thinking.
Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, capture, manage, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Mark Mader serves as President and CEO of Smartsheet and is a recognized leader in the technology community, having been named Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year in Technology for the Pacific Northwest, and GeekWire’s CEO of the Year.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.