Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
The Assurance Finance team is seeking a Manager to join the FP&A team who thrives in a fast-paced, analytical, and collaborative environment, supporting an innovative and rapidly growing company disrupting the insurance and personal finance sector. The Manager will report to the head of FP&A and will play an important role for the company in enhancing its cashflow and capital management framework, forecast consolidation, and optimizing agent capacity planning.
In this role, the successful candidate will gain an understanding of the business model, key drivers of financial performance, and customer value proposition of our business, all while helping drive operational and financial efficiencies with data driven analysis and insights. The successful candidate will partner effectively across the organization to accomplish these objectives, including with Data Science, Marketing, Product, and Sales Distribution. The candidate will also be a key member of the team who will be building new technology and forecasting tools to improve business transparency, analytics, and automation.
Both Assurance and its Finance team are built upon a foundation of world-class technology, data science, and human talent that are combined to solve tough business and customer problems through the generation of insights and execution. The successful candidate thrives in an ever-changing environment and loves to dive deep into the details to draw insights that drive valuable business outcomes.
- Lead the coordination and consolidation of Assurance’s financial and operational forecasts to develop the overall Assurance story
- Develop senior management level materials to articulate business results, and key drivers of trends
- Build cash flow and working capital planning capabilities to determine business operating needs to fund near and long-term growth
- Create long term capacity planning and costing models to determine optimal agent staffing needs
- Utilize data and BI tools, including Tableau and Looker, to analyze large scale datasets and translate business problems into operating financial models to drive business recommendations
- Lead forecast transformation initiatives leveraging advanced software tools
- Maintain detailed competitor analysis on financial performance, product, and corporate strategy
- Ad hoc analysis and projects
- Bachelor's degree required - preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related field (CFA, CPA, MBA, or progress towards preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience in FP&A, accounting, management reporting, capital management or related field
- Experience with database and BI tools such as SQL query, Tableau, Power BI, and Looker
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills with demonstrated capabilities
- Strong communication, presentation, and PowerPoint skills
Preferred Attributes and Experience
- Experience with Anaplan is a plus
- Open minded, curious, and eager to learn
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytic skills to formulate recommendations and resolve problems
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret complex data and formulate recommendations
- Able to grasp and apply new concepts quickly
- Collaborative and team-oriented, able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize concurrent responsibilities and meet timelines