Manager, Global Tax Reporting – U.S. International at Expedia Group
Are you a tax professional seeking your next challenge? Are you eager to apply your tax technical skills to solve new and unique challenges? Do you view changes in tax legislation as an opportunity to learn and grow? If so, then consider joining the Tax Team at Expedia Group!
Expedia Group has an exciting opportunity to join its Global Tax Reporting Team as a Manager, Global Tax Reporting – U.S. International. The Global Tax Reporting Team is part of the broader tax department and corporate finance at Expedia Group. Our team of tax enthusiasts is responsible for the global tax provision, U.S. income tax reporting (federal, state, and U.S. international reporting), modeling and analysis, tax controversy, mergers and acquisitions support, and special projects.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will provide support for worldwide tax accounting and reporting, U.S. federal and state income tax compliance, and U.S. federal income tax controversy. In addition, you will assist with tax strategy and operations, including process and policy development, technology and automation, tax planning and modeling, and transaction support.
Further, you will oversee the reporting of the U.S. tax effect of international operations in the global provision and U.S. federal income tax return. You will work with a team of federal, state, and international specialists to ensure seamless U.S. tax reporting of international operations for both federal and state purposes.
The specific responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Reporting
- Support the quarter and year-end financial reporting process.
- Prepare and review estimates of U.S. income tax differences for international operations, including Subpart F, GILTI, Section 956, foreign tax credits and other U.S. international concepts.
- Tax Compliance
- Prepare and review book-to-tax differences for international operations.
- Prepare and review international forms including forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 8990, 8992 and 1118.
- Tax Strategy and Operations
- Processes and Policy - Develop process documentation and support ongoing process transformation while adhering to controls and policies.
- Technology and Automation - Participate in the evolution of tax technology tools and support technology enhancements.
- Tax Planning and Modeling – Support review and analysis of changes in tax legislation.
- Transactions – Support the diligence and integration processes for international transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, and business initiatives. Prepare calculations and / or disclosures relating to the impact of such transactions.
- Controversy – Support the international portions of the U.S. federal income tax audits and other inquiries. Maintain current, audit-ready workpapers and financial records for all filings.
- Talent Management – Develop and manage a team of tax professionals, supporting ongoing technical and professional development.
Who you are
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) and/or Master’s degree in Accounting or a related discipline
- CPA license preferred
- At least 5+ years of public accounting experience in international concepts with one of the "Big Four" firms or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive technical skills in U.S. international tax, general accounting principles, ASC 740, and federal and state income tax concepts.
- Experience managing teams to build an atmosphere of trust; providing technical training and mentorship to other team members; coaching staff including providing timely and meaningful feedback
- Tax provision and compliance software experience, preferably Corptax
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Strong aptitude for identifying and implementing process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong tax research skills
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter and diligent problem solver
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.