Manager International Tax Planning
Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing the travel industry? Does being part of a hardworking and growing team energize you?
Expedia Group is seeking an International Tax Senior Analyst or Manager for our dynamic and growing tax team based in our Bellevue, WA (soon to be Seattle, WA) offices. You will be an integral member of Expedia Group's International Tax Planning Team and support Expedia Group's strategic business initiatives, including Mergers & Acquisitions.
In this role you will work in cooperation with other members of the Tax and Finance teams to develop tax planning and structuring proposals as required by the business. You will also support transaction related tax compliance, reporting and advisory functions. Our international team based across the US, Singapore, Brazil and London is passionate about travel and tax, enjoys work/life balance, a strong and friendly work culture, and benefits from a supportive leadership team.
What you'll do:
- You will provide dedicated tax advice and support the development of international tax strategies in support of Expedia Group's worldwide business strategies
- You will partner with business leaders, tax, finance, treasury and legal teams and external advisors to support and advise on various business matters and transactions
- You will use your experience to offer expert advice on the international tax aspects of business expansion initiatives and cross-border reorganizations
- You will help drive process improvements using technology
- You will continuously build and nurture collaborative relationships throughout the organization to facilitate effective communication with business partners
- Conduct detailed tax technical research, clear and concise communication and documentation of results as required
- Monitor and analyze global tax developments to identify and define planning opportunities and needs
- Analyze, communicate and document tax reporting and financial statement impacts as a result of transactions and planning initiatives
Who you are:
- 4+ years of relevant U.S. corporate and / or international tax experience in public accounting or industry
- Experience with consulting as well as tax compliance and tax accounting engagements
- Solid foundation in U.S. corporate and international tax rules as well as 2017 U.S. tax reform rules
- Basic understanding of non-U.S. corporate tax systems and tax treaty concepts
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment with proven ability to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Eye for business and understanding of the interaction of business objectives and tax strategies
- Strong tax research and analytical skills
- Masters of Tax or JD, and/or CPA preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.