Mgr, Tax at Expedia Group
Tax Manager, Indirect Tax
The Tax Manager, Indirect Tax will support Expedia Inc’s growing Domestic Indirect Tax Operations Team. Expedia, Group is an American travel company that owns and operates several international global online travel brands, primarily travel fare aggregator websites and travel metasearch engines including Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, trivago, Venere.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, and HomeAway.
What you'll do:
- Management, coordination, review, and preparation of various state and local U.S. indirect tax returns utilizing technology solutions, automation tools and the management of large data sets in Alteryx, excel and other databases.
- Proactively identify, review and implement changes that ensure the accuracy and completeness of Expedia’s compliance obligations.
- Provide clear and actionable guidance to individuals outside of the tax department regarding U.S. indirect tax compliance matters.
- Responsible for the team’s process development and enhancements and the staff development and mentorship.
- Other areas of focus will include U.S. Unclaimed Property filing and management, Washington business and occupation tax, use tax, gross receipts, real and personal property tax and other various indirect taxes.
- May also manage indirect tax project work as required on a variety of business advisory, financial reporting, transactional tax data, and tax research and analysis projects.
Who you are:
- Excellent researching and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile tax data.
- Extensive tax accounting knowledge and strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Preparation and detailed review of indirect tax returns and related compliance filings
- Knowledge of Unclaimed Property laws and compliance requirements
- Plan timing of deliverables within agreed due dates
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to explain tax concepts to individuals who do not possess knowledge of tax matters
- Self-starter and diligent problem solver
- Strong team player willing to assist in any capacity needed
- Have a collaborative and collegial professional demeanor
- Work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field
- CPA license or actively working towards attainment is a plus, but not a required
- Masters in tax or accounting is a plus, but not required
- 5+ years of tax experience in a corporate tax department or public accounting firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in managing large data sets in Excel
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.