Mortgage Compliance Officer at Flyhomes
Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer. We reduce risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Trade Up program. We streamline the homebuying process by offering brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate, Mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
We’re seeking a dedicated Mortgage Compliance Officer who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and can enable the company’s rapid expansion. The ideal candidate is someone who can bring their vast expertise and utilize it toward creating innovative products that help up-level the client experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and routinely maintain a compliance management system
- Refine company policies and procedures related to mortgage compliance as they relate to current regulatory changes
- Create and implement monitoring programs to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
- Design and implement training and communications programs for various teams across Flyhomes to guide employees on how to adhere to federal and state mortgage laws
- Collaborate with our product, engineering, operations, and marketing departments to ensure our products and marketing campaigns comply with applicable federal and state laws
- Complete state, federal and other counterparty compliance examinations
- Work with outside licensing firm to ensure all mortgage licenses are up to date
- Oversee the filing of all applicable state and federal reports including but not limited to Mortgage Call Report, HMDA Report, California CFL Annual Report
- Serve as a resource for mortgage regulatory matters and compliance-related initiatives
What You’ll Bring:
- A deep understanding of mortgage loan origination and related industry regulations
- 5+ years experience managing mortgage compliance for a retail mortgage lending operation
- Experience developing and maintaining a compliance management system for a retail mortgage lending operation, including policy development and change management
- Experience sitting for state, federal & agency compliance examinations
- Strong working knowledge of HMDA, FACTA, RESPA, TILA, ECOA, FDCPA, FCRA, GLB, and other federal and state laws and regulations applicable to mortgage lenders
- Analytical and Critical Thinker: You employ a commitment to rigorous analysis of data, diagnosis and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions.
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with internal clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Communicative: You develop and deliver multi-mode communication to share ideas, learn from each other, and keep each other informed about problems, opportunities, progress and solutions
- Action Oriented: You seize opportunities, take on tough challenges and drive ideas and plans forward with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm. You are able to pivot to solution focus and inspire others to do the same
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables and promote high standards, always seeking ways to improve products. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through
- Flexible: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
- Resourceful: You find ways to get things done efficiently and effectively to accomplish goals and redefine what is possible
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Healthcare benefits…obviously, plus contributions to HSA
- Flexible work schedules
- 401(k) + employer match
- Dog-friendly work environment (11 dogs…and counting!)
- Real estate license sponsorship
- And…drumroll please… rebates when buying / selling a home