Payroll Manager at Limeade
Limeade is a software company that elevates the employee experience and helps build great places to work. Limeade ONE brings together employee well-being, engagement, inclusion and communications solutions in a mobile-first experience. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares. To learn more, visit www.limeade.com.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, high performing payroll accountant to join a growing Accounting team. The ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of payroll and will apply our values, best practices, innovations and capabilities to exceed our business goals. This position will report to the Controller.
Major areas of responsibility include overall ownership of Payroll, processing semi-monthly payroll, supporting benefits administration, creating payroll journal entries, and payroll GL account reconciliations. This role will have regular interaction across Limeade’s organization.
- Own payroll processes for the US and Canada, ensuring that employees are paid timely and accurately
- Execute setup of employees within ADP, ensuring department assignments are accurate and payroll taxes are setup correctly
- Own oversight of hourly employee timecards and accurate payment of overtime
- Review employee expense reports and ensure timely approvals and payments
- Make payroll changes as necessary - including new hire additions, pay and benefit changes, and final pay calculations
- Assist in month-end close processes, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and account analysis
- Support audit requirements, including financial and benefit audits
- Prioritize and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies
- Identify areas for improvement and facilitate the necessary change
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an ongoing and consistent way
- 5+ years progressive payroll experience in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Experience reviewing employee offer letters and agreements
- Experience with ADP required; experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Strong experience handling multi-state payrolls and setting up new tax jurisdictions in ADP
- Strong experience handling year-end processes in ADP and ensuring W-2s are prepared correctly
- Experience participating in a monthly accounting close process
- Demonstrate a strong analytical ability and understanding
- Experience working with data and Excel
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various areas of the Limeade organization
- Ability to function effectively both independently, as well as with a team
- Well-developed oral and written communication ability
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.