We are looking for a knowledgeable Payroll Specialist to help process and manage the company’s
payroll. You will be the one to calculate wages based on hours worked and administer payments.
A payroll specialist can use payroll software with accuracy and efficiency. They are good with
numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information. They also have great communication skills to
interact with colleagues and executives.
The goal is to ensure personnel receives the correct compensation in a timely manner.
Location: This could be a remote position within the PT and MT time zones. #LI-Remote
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Gather information on hours worked for each employee
- Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses etc. with assistance of a computer system
- Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed
- Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks
- Administer statements of payment to personnel either electronically or on paper
- Process taxes, wage garnishments, and payment of employee benefits
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and management
- Prepare reports for upper management, finance department etc.
- 2 years’ experience assisting with handling full cycle payroll process
- Experience handling separation agreements
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional and discretionary manner
- Good knowledge of legislation relevant to accounting and payroll (such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act or FLSA)
- Working knowledge of payroll systems
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now is a plus
- Comfortable with Excel (functions, data etc.)
- An analytical mind with good math skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or similar field of experience preferred
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status