PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on hardworking professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees, regardless of their background, to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
As the Payroll Specialist you will join the Accounting team as we support our growing company in a dynamic payroll process. We have 450 employees across 26 states, and this position provides an excellent opportunity for you to sharpen your existing payroll skills and add new skills to your repertoire.
What you'll do:
- You will assist the Senior Payroll Manager in processing accurate and timely payroll for employees on a bi-weekly basis
- You will track new hires, promotions, transfers, terminations and other changes in employment status
- You will own standard ADP reporting to internal Accounting team members as well as ad hoc reporting as requested by managers
- You will partner with the HR team to orient new hires to ADP WorkforceNow, set up or edit employee work schedules, and verify accurate data entry into the payroll system
- You will set up payroll tax codes for new jurisdictions in ADP and work with the Technical Accounting Manager on any necessary state & local business registrations
- You will help the Senior Commissions Analyst process commissions and bonuses, distribute statements, and provide customer service relating to commission statements
- You will communicate with ADP regarding federal, state, and local tax notices and requests
- You will maintain the payroll page of PayScale's intranet and craft company-specific handbooks for employees & managers
The ideal individual for this opportunity brings the following to the table:
- You enjoy a dynamic work environment and collaborating with multiple teams
- You bring exceptional attention to detail, including thoroughness and accuracy, while meeting deadlines
- You can translate payroll speak to non-payroll employees
- You want to join a hard-working but fun-loving team that appreciates a good sense of humor
- 2-4 years’ experience with HRIS & Payroll systems - bonus points if you've used ADP WorkforceNow
- Knowledge of labor laws such as FLSA
- Experience with multi-state payroll processing is preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel)
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Benefits We Offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:
- Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome!)
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Coworkers you actually like...
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month.)