Pricing Operations Manager at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:45 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. Working within our Marketplace Growth team, the Pricing Operations Manager is responsible for building tools, support structures, and processes that will help steer to better business outcomes. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. You'll bring the enthusiasm and aptitude necessary to get the job done!
- Execute on SLAs for inbound pricing requests from Shipper Sales team
- Work with Sales and Growth teams to align on strategy for RFPs and projects
- Perform data analysis, experimentation, and reporting for large pricing requests
- Collaborate with peers and Product team to innovate and improve upon existing systems, work processes, and procedures
- Be a key member of the Marketplace Growth team - we’re a close-knit, scrappy team that likes to have fun and solve problems
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years professional/business experience
- Strong data skills – moderate/advanced Excel, good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics; Experience writing SQL queries a plus
- Business process mapping skills and ability to optimize for operational efficiencies
- Established organizational and time management skills; Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Strong communication and keen attention to detail
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!