Revenue Accountant, Contractor at Unity Technologies
Responsible financial planning, strategic analysis, reporting, and process improvement are what pave the way for Unity to grow and succeed. From day-to-day bookkeeping to compliance and forecasting, our team informs and influences decisions that directly impact Unity’s bottom line.
Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
Come join Unity as a Revenue Accountant Contractor and be a key member of the global revenue recognition team. You will be an integral part of ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of revenue to the G/L, in accordance with US GAAP. During your 12 months with us, you will have immediate impact as you collaborate closely with and report directly to the Revenue Manager.
If you are curious, analytical, motivated, and like to build, then come be a part of our journey!What you'll be doing:
- Assist in performing internal control procedures to ensure SOX compliance and update process documentation as needed.
- Perform monthly revenue accounting close responsibilities, including but not limited to: GAAP revenue analysis, cost of revenue analysis, accounts payable reconciliations, journal entries, and close packages.
- Assist the Company with the adoption of the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606).
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with the external audit process
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participating in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- In-depth revenue experience and hands on experience with ASC 605-25 and knowledge of ASC 606
- Proficiency in Excel with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data
- Experience with NetSuite/Workday ERP/SQL
- CPA and/or Public company experience
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.