Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Manage revenue worldwide monthly financial close related tasks such preparation, review and reconciliation of revenue and deferred revenue schedules and journal entries, preparing analytics and management reporting
- Perform SSP calculations and analysis
- Review non-standard revenue contracts and assess impact on revenue accounting and disclosures
- Research and document accounting conclusions in audit ready memos. Draft and maintain revenue accounting policies.
- Participate and help manage revenue and billing systems automation, improvement and optimization
- Provide support & maintenance to the Company’s revenue management system
- Work closely with the external audit team regarding any quarterly review and annual audit requirements
- Collaborate with the other finance departments and business partners to provide ad hoc research, reporting, and projects as it pertains to revenue to continuously develop and refine processes around revenue forecasting.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to collaborate on non-routine transactions, new product offerings, etc.
- Actively engage and manage best practice policies, procedures, process improvements, including developing and maintaining Sarbanes Oxley controls over revenue reporting
What We're Looking For
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent practical experience
- 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm or a combination of Big 4 and industry revenue experience, preferably with exposure to a high growth SaaS company
- Strong technical revenue accounting knowledge of US GAAP with a focus on revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Enterprise software and SaaS industry experience
- Strong analytical skills and experience working cross functionally to identify accounting issues and proactively and research applicable US GAAP implications as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written) and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret large sets of data
- Detail-oriented, analytical, organized and self-motivatedCPA certification or equivalent practical experience a plus