Sales Operations Analytics Manager at Apptio
The Sales Operations Analytics Manager will hold a new, and key position within the Apptio Finance team. This role will report to the VP of Finance and will be an individual contributor who will support our 100+ and fast-growing global Sales team. You will be responsible for developing the analytical framework to support key growth minded initiatives and expansion efforts. Although this role is an independent contributor, there will be strong cross functional collaboration and influence necessary to be successful in this position. Experience with an enterprise SaaS sales environment preferred.
The Finance team is a group of professionals who provide financial support and insight to all aspects of the Apptio organization. One of our key internal customers is the Sales team which is a highly functioning multi-product, multi-channel and geographically dispersed organization. The mission is to drive every increasing sales productivity by developing a quality pipeline, sell Apptio’s class leading products, and maintaining excellent relationships with our customers. Growing Revenue, retention and customer satisfaction is key to our success.
Analytics partner to the Sales Leadership Team and organization:
- Be the analytical leader supporting the Sales organization
- Complement the finance operational team member providing performance and forecasting support by incorporating analytical insights into the finance support portfolio
- Build robust reporting of our Bookings performance and qualities across the product, region, channel and other dimensions as appropriate
- Support ad-hoc requests be the thought leader of developing insightful analysis proactively
Key partnership with the Sales Operations team:
- Develop performance reporting that drives informed decision-making across our entire suite of products, by region, by channel
- Create tools that provide insights that are actionable to grow our sales volume and retain our customers
- Sales representative territory planning
- Sales representative effectiveness analysis
- Partner with other finance team members and Sales Ops to create and monitor performance driving sales quota plans
Involvement in the Enterprise Data Architecture and Business Systems initiative:
- Support representing the Finance and Sales teams in the Apptio company-wide Data Architecture initiative to streamline and improve our data quality, processes, governance process and development of a “Single source of truth”
- Support Sales in the BOSS initiative, which is developing best in class processes and systems interaction to support our Sales organization
Support geographic expansion initiatives:
- Support all necessary analytics regarding expanding into international locations
- Help assess the best way to enter new markets via business case generation, partnering with all company functions impacted
- Help build performance analytics that provide insights as to the nuances of the local markets being targeted for sales growth
Partner cross-functionally to create a virtual analytics team:
- Work with the Marketing, Customer Success and other analytics team member to build a virtual analytics organization across Apptio
- Develop a cross functional comprehensive analytics reporting package to drive insights, supporting ELT discussions on key investment decisions
- Share best practices, and tie each organization’s analytics together in a more robust insightful executive performance package
- Develop a 1- and 3-year roadmap, in a partnership with these functions, to continue developing and improving analytics support across the company
- 5+ years direct experience in Finance or Data Analysis
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years supporting internal groups
- Highly analytical, able to think in a multi-dimensional framework
- Salesforce.com hands-on experience preferred
- Power BI and Tableau abilities preferred
- Strong Excel competency
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Able to work in the Individual Contributor role as a self-starter
- Experience at an Enterprise Software Company
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.