Senior Accountant – GL Accounting
Who You Are:
You are a technical accountant with a strong attention to detail and are naturally analytical. You are excited by the idea of working in a fast-paced environment where you will play a key role in the global financial close and reporting process. You have a desire to learn ERP and related reporting systems and be a subject matter expert for the GL. This role is highly visible as you will closely work with numerous teams outside of accounting, both domestically and internationally. As the ideal candidate, you have 3+ years of experience in GL accounting and a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. This position combines light ERP (Oracle) system administration duties, analysis of global spending for the Technology department, and the challenge of accounting for internally developed software. This position is part of the GL Accounting team and reports to the Accounting Manager.
Your Next Challenge:
- Run and manage global cost center meetings with Technology department leaders, perform variance analysis for this highly visible cost center
- Owner of monthly ERP (Oracle) and related reporting system updates and maintenance
- Point person for several GL Group and companywide efficiency projects related to IT system improvements
- Improve technological skill set in ERP and related reporting tools
- Work closely with the Global Technology department and website developers regarding capitalization of internally developed software
- Performs work independently with limited supervision of month-end and reconciliation tasks
- Ad hoc projects upon request
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years accounting experience with increased responsibility and complexity, CPA or CPA Eligible a plus
- Strong interest in making efficiency changes to existing accounting systems as well as implementation and testing of new accounting systems
- Strong interest in learning the processing and administration duties that drive the ERP and Reporting systems. We can teach you what you need to know if you bring a strong desire to learn this subject
- Experience/understanding of foreign currency transactions, including impact of foreign exchange
- Knowledge of accounting for internally developed software
- Ability to work productively in a changing environment and challenge current processes for continuous improvement
- Ability to successfully manage communications among numerous internal teams
- Strong Excel skills
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.