Senior Accountant II
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant II at our Expedia worldwide headquarters located in Bellevue, Washington. It is part of the Expedia Consumer Payments and Cash Accounting (CPAC) Team which is responsible for the accounting and analysis of Expedia’s worldwide cash receipts and consumer payment methods arising from merchant transactions.
The Team’s main functions include:
- Reconciling cash receipt transactions based on external reporting from payment processors and various internal reporting
- Accounting and analyzing for transactions arising from various consumer payments methods such as credit cards, installments, gift cards, points, etc.
- Accounting for Inter-company transactions
- Accounting for cash and investment activities
- Support Expedia’s projects related to consumer payments methods that promote the Company’s worldwide growth initiatives
- Support quarterly and annual audits for SEC filings and other ad-hoc audits
- Prepare month-end close journal entries and account reconciliations
- Review month-end close journal entries and account reconciliations prepared by Senior Accountant I
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to assist business partners with research on any unusual transactions
- Prepare/Review auditor PBC requests for quarterly review, year-end audit, and SOX
- Lead meetings and be the owner/driver for various Expedia initiatives as necessary
- Collaborate with Systems Team to provide requirements in enhancing accounting tools
- Work with Payment Operations team to ensure payment processors’ files are properly reported in our internal system
- Reconciling cash receipt transactions for completeness and accuracy
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to clearly articulate complex processes to audiences with varying level of understanding
- Ability to think analytically to solve non-recurring and complex issues
- Dedication to continuous process improvements and streamlining processes
- Ability to establish and maintain cross-functional network outside immediate group to ensure strong "customer" focus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload
- Demonstrate understanding of US GAAP and apply to accounting processes
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, functions) as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data
Experience and Qualification:
- BA or BS in Finance or Accounting required; CPA is preferred
- At least 4 years of accounting-related experience preferably in a large growth oriented international organization
- VBA and/or MS Access experience is preferred
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.