Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to be the world’s most customer-centric provider of services for the home.
The Senior Accountant position is part of the Finance & Accounting team. This team is responsible for accounting, analysis and reporting of Pro’s activity on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. This Senior Accountant will prepare accruals, reconciliations, analytical reporting, and support business teams by providing accounting guidance and analysis support. The ideal candidate is dedicated, proactive, team oriented and able to perform a variety of accounting functions independently.
You’ll likely thrive here if:
- You relentlessly pursue what is best for your and our customers.
- You are inclusive and transparent in your actions and communications as you work collaboratively toward a common purpose.
- You start with why and let the data be your guide.
- You are one who seeks ownership; your first reaction to a problem is, “How can I solve it?”
- You move quickly, prioritize & execute.
- You work smarter not harder by being efficient, tenacious, and thoughtful.
What you’ll do:
- Timely and accurate recording of expense activity in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare month-end journal entries and analyses
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Identify and implement process improvements that increase accuracy and efficiency
- Identify trends or issues that require management's attention
- Work with business partners to provide accounting guidance and analysis support
- Support internal/external audit requests
- Special projects as assigned
- 2 to 3 years of accounting experience
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance (required)
- CPA (strongly preferred)
- Strong Excel skills as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data
- Excellent organizational and time management skills- ability to prioritize effectively
- Team player able to effectively interact with colleagues and business partners across the company
- Ability to build strong working relationships within the team and with business partners across the company
- Attention to detail and proactive approach
- Flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Google Sheets and Quickbooks preferred
Are you qualified and interested in joining the team? We’d love to hear from you! Please share some information that will help us better understand your experience below.