Senior Accountant at Getty Images
Who You Are:
You are a technical accountant with international experience including foreign transactions and IFRS. You have a strong attention to detail and are naturally analytical. You are excited by the idea of working in a fast moving environment where you will be responsible for the preparation and are main point of contact of numerous foreign entity statutory audits conducted by external audit firms. You enjoy working closely with other functional groups and external auditors and set the example for eliminating silos between teams by always promoting open and free communication. As the ideal candidate you have 2+ years’ experience in public accounting with audit experience, a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, and 2+ years’ experience in the private sector. This position plays a key role in the Finance Team and the International function within the Accounting and Reporting Group. This position reports to the Sr. Accounting Manager.
Your Next Challenge:
- Works with a team which includes a senior accountant, a supervisor, and a senior manager within the Accounting and Reporting Group function responsible for EMEA and APAC statutory accounting; this includes preparing and delivering audit support to external audit firm.
- Responsible for ensuring assigned foreign subsidiaries prepare and file their annual financial statements in compliance with local standards.
- Prepares, analyzes, and presents annual financial statements including commentary of variances for financial amounts with multiple business relationships.
- Prepares initial audit deliverables.
- Addresses and provides support for audit queries.
- Works closely with other functional groups including the general ledger month-end close team, technical accounting team, tax team, external accountants and auditors.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- 3 to 5+ years accounting experience with progressively increased responsibility and complexity (preferably audit experience in public accounting).
- Experience/understanding of foreign transactions, IFRS and/or foreign standards.
- International experience is a plus, specifically in Europe and Asia.
- Strong technical accounting skills. Ability to research accounting issues using appropriate guidance, recommend appropriate accounting in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS, and/or foreign GAAP.
- Strong communication among various parties and across time zones.
- Ability to work productively in a changing environment.
- Proven ability to take ownership of assignments and be flexible in order to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Must be able to prioritize workload as necessary to meet the business needs.
- Excellent relationship-building skills; effective interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence for positive outcomes.
- Ability to independently set direction and deliver results.
- Experience of Oracle and Hyperion preferred, but not essential assuming experience of similar level financial systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office Excel skills is essential to this role.
- A combination of financial, operations, and/or analytical experiences that includes knowledge of automated financial systems.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.