Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for a Senior Accountant to join our accounting team. You'll primarily be responsible for reconciling and reviewing general ledger accounts, preparing and completing month-end close procedures, assisting with monthly financial statement variance analysis and preparing schedules for Rover’s annual audit. Ideally, you'll also have experience with implementing new accounting guidance, suggesting ways to improve processes and gain efficiencies, and assisting with mentoring junior staff. Public company experience is also a plus.
You'll succeed in this role if you are committed to operational excellence, focused on impact, crush assignments while striving to be a serious performer, and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Prepare and record journal entries and accruals, including consolidations and eliminations
- Perform account reconciliations in a timely manner and resolve variances each month
- Complete month-end financial reporting and analysis and assist Controller in performing monthly variance analysis
- Review current processes and provide recommendations to management for improvement that will accommodate future growth
- Assist with financial statement and tax audits
- Assist with researching and implementing new accounting guidance
- Assist in developing, documenting and monitoring internal controls
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years of experience in accounting
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Highly detailed-oriented and obsessively organized
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize the myriad of tasks, and consistently meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with various levels of employees
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with accounting software and programs
Your Bonus Skills:
- Public company experience
- Working within a SOX environment
- NetSuite and Blackline familiarity
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Read Full Job Description