Senior Accountant at Karat
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Citrix. Our network of experienced Interview Engineers have conducted tens of thousands of technical interviews with software engineering candidates. Clients increase capacity to interview and unlock engineering productivity, all while providing exceptional candidate experiences.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, Indeed, Citrix, Intuit, and Palantir.
About our Accounting team:
As a member of the Accounting team at Karat, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and grow the company and business. You will be a key player of a small team comprised of high performing accounting and finance professionals that work across departments to provide financial support to senior management and department heads to facilitate decision making. The Senior Accountant will assist by performing daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounting and finance processes, entries and reconciliations as well as ad-hoc financial analyses and projects.
What You Will Do
- Assist and/or manage various accounting related functions including but not limited to revenue (under ASC 606), accounts receivables, accounts payables, payroll, the overall general ledger, and state and local tax compliance
- Drive the month-end and year-end close process, including preparation of monthly journal entries, reserves and accruals, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and performing inquiries/reviews as necessary to ensure accuracy and consistency of reported data
- Provide support as needed to department and business managers and perform special projects as assigned
- Assist with and help facilitate a successful implementation of the Sage Intacct ERP, including the transition of historical data and configuration of the system
- Create, document, and support new accounting processes to enable Karat to scale
- Research, establish and maintain financial accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Build strong working relationships with internal teams and external vendors and customers
- BA/BS with a concentration in Accounting or related
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, with experience at a high-growth technology company a plus
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and technical accounting areas including domestic payroll compliance, ASC 606, and ASC 842
- Intermediate level and reperformable Excel skills with an interest and aptitude to work with large amounts of data (e.g. VLOOKUP, INDEX(MATCH), SUMIF, PivotTables)
- Excellent self-management practices with a demonstrated ability to be self-directed, resourceful, and ask the right questions
- Ability to maintain high-performance under tight timelines, including managing multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously, with exceptional quality, organization and attention to detail
- Process-oriented with a comfortability and excitement to build “from the ground up”
- Enjoys collaborating and celebrating successes with teammates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Active CPA license or CPA candidate
- Skilled user of Sage Intacct or a similar ERP system
- Prior ERP implementation experience
- Experience with other systems used by Accounting: Salesforce, Carta, Gusto, Expensify, TripActions, Silicon Valley Bank, American Express, and G Suite
Benefits of joining Karat:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Karat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Karat and the state/country where you work.