Senior Accountant at OfferUp
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
Are you a detailed-oriented accountant and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Senior Accountant to perform a wide range of duties. This is a great opportunity for someone with strong attention to detail and analytical skills. As a Senior Accountant, you will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy building out processes and procedures to support our growth.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be a key member of the Accounting and Finance team at OfferUp.
Here is more of what you will get to do:
- Own month-end close processes, including recording journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and ensuring the accuracy of our general ledger
- Track and maintain supporting schedules for prepaid expenses, accruals, revenue, sales tax and other areas
- Plan, develop and implement effective accounting strategies, policies and procedures in accordance with evolving regulations, legal and governmental requirements and industry trends.
- Assist in the implementation of a new accounting system
- Partner closely with FP&A, Sales and other stakeholders on ad hoc projects
You’ll Thrive In This Role If You Have:
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for building relationships
- Comfort with challenging the status quo
What You’ve Done:
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience (operational and technical preferred)
- Proficiency with Excel, QBO, and NetSuite
- Positive attitude and desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
Helpful, but not required:
- Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA preferred
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.