Senior Accountant at DefinedCrowd
What do we do?
DefinedCrowd Corporation is a company based in Seattle, WA, USA, with R&D centers in Lisbon and Porto, Portugal, and Tokyo, Japan. We offer efficient data workflows that enable data scientists to collect, synthesize, enrich and structure training data. We do this by combining human-in-the-loop, automatic tools, and machine learning capabilities to accelerate enterprise machine learning and Artificial Intelligence initiatives training and modeling. Our value proposition is 95-98% quality, speed (5-10x faster than competition), and scale (70 languages and dialects covered). With strong expertise in speech and natural language processing technologies, the company has been serving top AI companies and Fortune 500 companies since day one.
How can you help?
As a senior accountant, you will support various aspects of our accounting and reporting process with a focus on sales, revenue recognition, internal controls and financial reporting.
- Support various aspects of our accounting and reporting process with a focus on sales, revenue recognition, internal controls and financial reporting.
- Overall management of the Company’s sales transaction cycle including customer due diligence, revenue recognition, invoicing, and collections.
- End-to-end process ownership to support finance and business partners in accounting for customer transactions.
- Support month-end close, annual audit, and various ad-hoc reporting needs of the business.
- Work closely with controller and international subsidiaries to accomplish needs of the accounting organization.
- Understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
- Escalate risks and issues as necessary to leadership.
- Demonstrate strong sense of ownership.
- Demonstrate ability to identify process improvement and automation opportunities to drive positive change across the organization.
- Enhance partnerships between Accounting and various business and IT groups.
- Work closely with the Company’s Business Units and Departments to understand and document processes throughout the accounting organization.
- Support the development of accounting policies for emerging areas of the business.
Degree in accounting or related field
Three to five years of related work experience
Working knowledge of internal controls and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
Proficiency in US GAAP including working knowledge of ASC 606
Natural propensity for organization and an aptitude for information technology
- CPA (or equivalent)
- Public accounting experience with Big Four accounting firms (Deloitte, PWC, EY, KPMG) or second-tier national firm
- Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
- Operational accounting experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or complex company
- Experience with NetSuite, Oracle, Sage, SAP or comparable ERP system
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent analytical skills
What do we offer?
- Amazing career development opportunities in a high growth international company;
- Excellent compensation and benefits package;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and a healthy working environment;
- International and diverse teams (25+ nationalities across 3 countries).