At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We're searching for a Sr. Accountant to join Remitly’s Finance team, reporting to our Sr. Accounting Manager. You are a motivated contributor who is excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in a growing company.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare financial statements following U.S. GAAP
- Technical accounting research
- Prepare documentation working with the operational accounting and customer transactional accounting program managers in the business application of new accounting standards
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Help with
- coordinating the financial statement audits and reviews;
- preparing financial reporting packages and tax forms/filings
- variance analyses
- Be a backup for monthly consolidation process, accrued expenses, and administration of equity-based awards
Who You Are
- Have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance
- 3+ years of professional experience in an accounting or similar role
- Financial reporting experience for a public company or public accounting experience on public company clients
- Technical accounting background
- CPA preferred
- You notice data trends and when something looks amiss you get to the bottom of it.
- You love working in Excel and maintaining complex spreadsheets
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based on personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer