Senior Accountant at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate will be a master at automation and improvement in accounting operations.
This role will work closely with the Controller to manage and support the accounting function, business compliance and offer strategic and technical expertise. This individual will work cross-functionally with other team leads to ensure that we have a scalable process in place to manage Skilljar’s accounting in a GAAP compliant way while the organization continues to rapidly grow.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.Responsibilities
- Manage month-end close processes, including recording journal entries, timely preparation, and analysis of month-end reconciliations and departmental/variance analysis reporting
- Manage accounts payable, reimbursement and corporate credit cards programs
- Support accounts receivable and collections process
- Assist with annual audit, including pulling documentation, preparing audit schedules, and support preparation of Financial Statements
- Work on various accounting initiatives, including new system implementations and enhancements
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities and work with cross-functionally to resolve and implement solutions
- Support regulatory and compliance filings and registrations including but not limited to federal and state returns, sales taxes, and entity registrations and renewals
- Use accounting concepts, wide-ranging experience, analytical skills and knowledge of industry to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting or finance-related field with progressive experience required
- Bachelor’s degree with accounting emphasis and/or CPA required
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting theory and accounting systems
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail
- Experience with NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify and SFDC preferred
- Ability to interact professionally across all departments and functionalities within the organization
- Self-directed work style; thrives at being resourceful and embodies a strong work ethic
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina and Florida.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.