Senior Accounting Manager at Zipwhip
We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, as the Senior Accounting Manager, you will be the accounting lead for all procure to pay operations and employee compensation. To be successful in this position you would develop a deep understanding of departmental budgets and spending and serve as the subject matter expert for relevant processes and systems to ensure financial reporting is accurate and compliant with GAAP.
What you’ll be working on:
- Responsible for the day to day expense accounting functions, including accounts payable, expense accruals, fixed assets, right-to-use lease accounting, and business taxes.
- Responsible for oversight of all employee compensation processes, including payroll, commissions, stock compensation, benefits accounting, and expense reimbursement.
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of 2-3 Staff and Senior Accountants.
- Design, implement, and document scalable accounting processes.
- Supervise the monthly close process ensuring accurate and timely results are delivered for reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure ongoing process compliance with internal controls and accounting policies.
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure consistent understanding of processes and policies.
- Assist with annual audit and ad hoc projects.
The skills you’ll need:
- BA/BS with a concentration in Accounting.
- Deep understanding of GAAP.
- 6+ years of accounting experience with relevant responsibilities, preferably with experience in a fast-growing software and/or startup company.
- Experience supervising direct reports.
- Advanced Excel competency.
- Extraordinary critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to present findings both in-person and in-writing at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a dynamic, rapidly evolving, and data driven organization.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.