Senior Accounts Receivable Accountant (AR)
What are we up to at Tango Card:
Tango Card helps thousands of companies reach their business goals by making rewards and incentives easy and awesome. Our customers genuinely love working with us and it shows as we are in the top 10% of Inc’s 5000 fastest growing companies. We are backed by a stellar group of investors including private equity firm FTV (who led a $35M growth equity round in 2018), Fyrfly Venture Partners, Floodgate Capital, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, SWaN & Legend partners, and WTI.
We have 2500+ live enterprise customers today including some of the World’s most recognizable businesses like Twitter, Google, Extole, Microsoft, Salesforce and F5. We also work with the top Gift Card brands including Amazon, Starbucks, Target, Walmart, Home Depot and over 300 more in 30+ countries. Our customers send millions of Gift Cards a month using Tango Card and we’ve facilitated nearly $1B of these Gift Card transactions since inception. Last but certainly not least, we proudly partner with many of the most respected non-profits in the country including the National Park Foundation, Special Olympics, and Habitat for Humanity.
Why work for us:
Tango Card is proud to have been rated one of the best companies to work for by Built In Seattle. We are on an incredible path to be the #1 rewards provider for companies around the world, and to get there we need amazing people (like you) in accounting, sales, engineering, and support roles to realize this vision.
We foster an office-culture of autonomy and transparency with flexible working hours and slim org structures. We provide our team members with what they need to be successful in their role, whether this is the latest technology at their fingertips or going to conferences to learn about new industry trends. Our offices are designed for productivity and comfort with optional standing desks, comfortable pod-chairs, and a very dog-friendly environment. With a company like Tango Card that is experiencing exponential growth year over year, career opportunities abound and you really have the chance to create, grown and own your role.
Reward yourself, and join the Tango Card team.
Tango Card is looking for a Senior AR (Accounts Receivable) Accountant that will serve as the lead for our exciting funding team. This is not your typical accounting position as you will be exposed to changing scenarios, communicate with customers and internal departments, and take a project management approach to ensure success when customers are funding their Tango Card accounts.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
As Tango Card’s Senior AR Accountant, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Act as main point of contact and mentor for the Accounts Receivable team, sharing and recommending best practices to grow the collective knowledge of your colleagues
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Customer Success and Onboarding team to unearth customer needs and pain points
- Manage CRM queue within NetSuite to respond to customer inquiries and ensure SLA deadlines are met
- Accurately allocate funds sent via wire, ACH, and check into customer reward accounts and record accounting transactions within NetSuite
- Manage and record daily transactions from our merchant credit card processor and record within NetSuite
- Perform daily bank reconciliations of operating receivables and merchant accounts
- Perform customer account reconciliations to identify discrepancies between Tango Card system and NetSuite
- Work with Credit Manager to analyze AR aging and collect past due invoices
- Improve efficiencies by documenting and updating processes
- Complete ad hoc and special requests passed down by Accounting Manager
Our Senior AR Accountant will have most of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with Business focus, Accounting/Finance focus a plus OR equivalent experience
- Curiosity, you aren’t afraid to ask “why” and have your opinion heard
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting with a focus on Accounts Receivable, high volume a plus
- In-depth understanding of accounting, advance excel skills a plus
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to delegate tasks
- Possess a positive and “can-do” attitude and the ability to work cross-functionally with internal departments
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to adapt to a changing environment. We are moving fast and growing every month
- Prior experience with NetSuite, Jaspersoft/Jasperstudio is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to take ownership of special projects or circumstances, we roll up our sleeves to make sure our customers have the best experience possible
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive pay (money isn’t everything, but it helps)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits (100% employer paid premium)
- Unlimited PTO and a generous holiday schedule
- 401k (100% match of up to 6%) and equity opportunities
- Transportation Stipend
- Dog-Friendly office located in the heart of West Seattle
- Culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership
Tango Card is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we are strong because we are diverse.