Senior Collections Specialist at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:31 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. With strong communication skills, you'll handle a high volume of accounts. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. Prior collections experience is not required. You'll bring the enthusiasm and aptitude necessary to get the job done!
You will take ownership of:
- Setting cash collection goal and ensuring that we hit our target goal
- Following up with shippers on overdue balances and root cause billing and collection problems
- Analyze payment patterns and how shippers are paying us and providing tactics and strategy around how to speed up cash collections
- Collaborate with internal and external shippers to figure out why shipper is not paying our invoices
You'll have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors degree
- 0-2 years in a customer facing role
- Excel expertise
- Solid math skills
- Enthusiasm about collections and billing
- Willingness to learn and take direction
- A proactive problem solver. You spot inefficiencies and figure out a fix.
- A positive, active, can-do attitude
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!