Senior Compensation Analyst
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst to join our team. As a Senior Compensation Analyst, you will design, implement and maintain compensation programs that attract, motivate, and retain top talent. At Trupanion, we strive to align team members’ compensation with value creation, and you will be a big part of this effort - reporting to the Director of FP&A and partnering with People Operations (Human Resources), Business Intelligence, and leaders in the business.
The right person for this role has expertise in compensation practices; is extraordinarily analytical, curious and creative; has a natural ability to communicate effectively; and is passionate about helping pets.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support leaders of the business, collaborating with People Operations and Business Intelligence, to design new compensation models to help attract and reward high-performing team members
- Consolidate and produce compensation metrics that assist in understanding the effectiveness of plans and policies
- Continually evaluate compensation programs to ensure they are legally compliant, competitive, aligned with overall compensation philosophy, and driving the appropriate business results
- Innovatively use market research as a data point in evaluating current and future compensation practices
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably with a large corporate employer or leading consulting firm
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel, with experience in developing models and analyzing data to drive sound decision-making
- Energetic and motivated, with the tendency to be flexible and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of teamwork and excellent verbal and written communication
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.