Senior Compliance Manager
Senior Compliance Manager
As a leader on the Controllership team for Platform & Marketplaces (P&M), the Senior Compliance Manager will lead a team to drive external and internal compliance and proactive risk assessment for P&M. We are looking for someone who is strong in business partnering, leading change, and passionate for compliance excellence.
You will partner across the functions within P&M organization such as Development Platform & Infrastructure, AI and Data Platform, Platform Architecture, Customer Engagement, eCommerce among others. In addition, support Corporate shared services compliance in working with teams such as: Corporate Finance, HR, Procurement, Legal and partner with Corporate Audit Services (CAS) and many others.
What you'll do:
- Review and define control scope, framework and elements across P&M businesses and Expedia Group Shared Services, to protect the business stakeholders and to look for opportunities for process improvement.
- Be part of the ‘front line’ in liaising with external/internal auditors and PM teams and Expedia Corporate Shared Services teams. Understand new/changing compliance significant to Expedia and linking its impact on internal policies, standards and processes.
- Drive compliance excellence for P&M including compliance with company’s policies, external regulations and establish risk management and identify ways to add tangible value and process improvements.
- Support internal operational audits and risk assessments by CAS team. Collaborate with businesses to successfully establish controls, mitigate identified risks and/or close open audit findings. This includes discovering gaps and new requirements, coordinating control environment improvement efforts by driving control implementation, tracking status, and communication to leadership.
- You will also participate in large enterprise initiatives, working across Expedia Group (EG) to ensure proper IT and Business controls and processes are in place to cover identified risks.
- Other projects or assignments to support P&M Controllership team as needed.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Management Information Systems or equivalent.
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in Audit, Security, Compliance or Risk/Control Advisory.
- Strong ability in working with cross-functional organizations.
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated yet flexible and adaptable in a fast-pace changing environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working with SOX, internal audit and external audit.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex regulatory, business, and IT compliance issues.
- IT audit or compliance experience in security, technology;
- Prior experience in public accounting/consulting/advisory industry;
- CISA, CPA, CIA or similar certification a plus.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.