Senior Director of Accounting
As the Senior Director of Accounting at Tango Card, you will:
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations across Tango Card and subsidiaries (including our international subsidiary) overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, inventory, payables, fixed assets and payroll
- Oversee the monthly management financial statements. Analyze Tango Card’s financial results and MD&A with respect to profits, costs and performance against budget
- Effectively train, mentor, and develop accounting operations team, which will include the AR, AP, supply chain accounting, and corporate accounting functions
- Understand and evaluate new accounting pronouncements and their impact on Tango Card, successfully implement any necessary process changes to ensure compliance with GAAP, and draft any related policies or disclosures
- Identify opportunities for new efficiencies in the accounting process, implementing automation wherever possible
- Own third party covenant/compliance certificates for our investors and banking partner
- Own Tango Card’s corporate tax function, ensuring compliance with US federal, international, and state regulatory filings. This includes creating and overseeing the analysis, documentation, and preparation of tax filings with Tango Card’s tax firm
- Ensure a timely monthly, quarterly and annual close of related GL and intercompany areas, reconciliations and related reviews
Our ideal Senior Director of Accounting at Tango Card, will have most of the following qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in corporate accounting and reporting, with a resume that displays clear career progression throughout the field including people management.
- Mastership of GAAP principals and experience of procedure creation to ensure GAAP compliance
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience with, corporate tax across multiple subsidiaries
- Experience working in a high growth start up environment strongly preferred.
- 4+ years of experience leading and mentoring accounting or finance teams
- Experience working with accounting and tax within multiple subsidiaries and currencies (international finance experience)
- Experience working directly with board-members and executive leadership
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex financial concepts to all levels of the business.
- Mastership of Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar (CPA/CMA a plus)
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive pay (money isn’t everything, but it helps)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits (100% employer paid premium)
- Unlimited PTO and a generous holiday schedule
- 401(k) matching and equity opportunities, 401(k) 100% match of up to 6%
- Transportation or Parking stipend to make the Seattle commute just a bit easier
- Dog-Friendly office located in the heart of West Seattle
- Culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership