Senior Director, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis
Expedia Group, Senior Director, Corporate FP&A
Expedia Group is looking for a Senior Director to lead our Corporate FP&A team.
In this critical role, you will be a strategic partner to our business leaders and responsible for leading Expedia Group’s quarterly forecast and annual planning processes, and for delivering high quality financial reporting and strategic insight to the business. In addition, you will be the finance owner for all of Expedia Group’s corporate functions (1000+ people, plus significant direct spend) along with owning the Hyperion financial planning and reporting system.
You will be a well-rounded finance professional with depth in full cycle FP&A, experienced in delivering sustainable financial growth and be a commercially astute business partner experienced engaging and influencing at all levels and executing on key deliverables. Success will stem from curiosity and an enthusiasm and hunger to improve Expedia Group’s performance by deeply understanding the Group strategy and how Finance can support and further achieve this target. You will have a passion for solving complex and strategically important business problems in an agile environment, displaying dedication as well as ambition for innovative thinking to ensure that Expedia Group will continue to grow as a leader in the industry.
What you’ll do:
* Lead the quarterly forecast and annual forecast processes for all of Expedia Group:
- Identify P&L initiatives/opportunities both across the Group and within specific business units
- Influence divisional finance leaders to suitably balance aggressive delivery of financial results while remaining fiscally prudent and investing for the future
* Ensure delivery of the group-wide P&L:
- Liaise with divisional CFOs for monthly check-ins on performance, trends, and status of key initiatives
- Maintain near-real time outlook of expected future Expedia Group financial performance
- Analyze and communicate trading trends and expected performance to Expedia Group CEO/CFO/Travel Leadership Team
- Own roadmap and delivery of key cross-Group trading and forecast dashboards
* Communicate Expedia Group’s results and expectations with impact and clarity:
- Partner closely as a contributor with Investor Relations and Financial Reporting in development of public earnings filings, releases and scripts
- Develop regular Board and leadership team presentations on past and expected financial performance
- Ensure Expedia Group CFO and SVP Corporate Finance are sufficiently knowledgeable on financial trends, and address ad hoc queries from other senior leaders
* Lead a 15-person team, providing strategic leadership and coaching, and ultimately developing high performing talent for Expedia Group. As an experienced and effective people leader, you will cultivate an environment in which people have opportunities to realize their full potential and contribute to efforts that allow the organisation to meet current and future business challenges.
* Act as finance lead for all corporate functions along with real estate (~1000 people), ensuring spend is in line with plan and proactively identifying financial opportunities Own strategy and administration of our core financial planning system (Hyperion) Create a vibrant, energized and enthusiastic culture for the function by creating a compelling unifying vision that steers, motivates and develops the team.
* Build relationships and drive collaboration across the global Expedia Group finance community
Who you are:
- Have been a senior leader in a variety of analytical and strategic, high-visibility roles
- Proven ability in driving excellence in financial planning and insight whilst being experienced in delivering robust financial plans which empowers high performing businesses to grow value
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills. Proficiency in advanced Excel and financial modelling.
- Comfortable in creating strong relationships across a number of teams and supporting c-suite level leaders
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. A storyteller able to build and communicate a vision and strategy.
- Ability to influence and drive leadership to decisions and tangible outcomes
- Proven ability to work autonomously and manage a broad range of projects simultaneously while hitting deadlines
- Skilled thought leader confident and successful at influencing c-suite leadership teams for positive, sustainable, long term financial growth. You will be skilled at canvassing opinions and alternative views which lead to innovative solutions and be at ease evaluating and making recommendations across competing and equally critical business needs
- Demonstrated background of building and leading successful and high-performing teams
- You are a team player, who thrives in large-scale dynamic, global, fast moving and intellectually charged environments. You have the talent to win credibility and contribute across the breadth of a business and its senior management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an MBA preferred.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.