Senior Director, Global Payments Strategy
Senior Director Global Payments Strategy
As we seek to further leverage payments to expand our competitive advantage as a travel marketplace, the Senior Director, Global Payments Strategy will assume a leadership role in defining the long-term evolution of Expedia’s Payment Platform.
This role includes strategy development, roadmap planning and governance for a high-performing team of payments specialist, spanning multiple payment functions - product, technology, BI & data, payment partnerships and operations. As the senior leader of the Payments PMO, this role will also lead the execution of a larger portfolio of strategic and tactical initiatives. This strategy role will collaborate with a broad variety of partners and senior leaders across Expedia’s eCommerce platform, brands, supply organizations, corporate development and several other corporate teams. As a member of Expedia Group's Payment Leadership team, visibility and impact of this role will be very high across Expedia Group.
What you’ll do:
- Identify opportunities to leverage our advanced payments capabilities to further empower Expedia to grow the travel marketplace with our brand’s travelers and new and existing supply partners
- Collaborate closely with business partners and peer teams to lead the definition and evolution of our payments platform strategy
- Systematically assess our customers' (internal & external, consumers & businesses) current and long-term payments needs
- Drive long-term improvements to our platform’s scalability, reliability, performance, and costs characteristics
- Ensure alignment of Payments Platform Strategy with brands, supply organization and the eCommerce Platform strategy
- Own and drive the development of our annual technology and business plans for payments
- Drive incubation of new revenue models to build ambitious advantage in the marketplace
- As the senior leader of the Payments PMO, lead the execution of the strategic and annual plans through the initiation and execution of strategic and tactical platform initiatives
- Drive the communication of our payments platform strategy across Expedia Group
- Report on progress against our strategic goals to C-level leadership, for example though monthly & quarterly reviews
- Provide strategic and technical analyses in support of top priority initiatives
- Act as a liaison and evangelist for Expedia's payment platform service offerings to internal stakeholders and external partners
- Build, develop and lead a small team of strategy managers and lead the PMO
Who you are:
- Bachelors’ degree in business, engineering or equivalent with a technology focus
- Masters’ in business administration, engineering or equivalent desired
- Management consulting experience in a Tier 1 Strategy consulting firm (McKinsey/BCG/Bain) as a Senior Engagement Manager/Project Leader/Case Team Leader or Associate Partner/Principal is a must
- 6+ years of total work experience
- 2+ years in eCommerce payments including large-scale transactional/payment services or ecommerce technology and/or product management desired
- 2+ years of strategic planning or business development experience
- Demonstrated experience to structure and analyze ambiguous and complex technology and business problems
- Robust quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Advanced spreadsheet (e.g. Excel) and data management skills with prior experience in financial/business modeling
- Strong executive presentation development and delivery capabilities
- Prior experience developing teams and mid-career level managers
- Strong program management with ability to deliver results through complex cross-functional, cross-geography teams
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills with technology and operations teams as well as senior management
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.