Senior Finance Analyst
TPG Finance is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to support the rapidly growing Media Solutions (MeSo) business. This role is focused on maximizing the return of Expedia Group’s travel audience and providing financial support for the short-term forecasts as well as long-term strategy of this business. The individual in this position provides decision support and owns forward-looking revenue projections, business analysis and ad hoc reporting.
As part of the MeSo Finance team, the SFA will report to the Finance Manager and will serve as a critical business partner to leaders across the MeSo organization, including Sales, Strategy, and Product. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work independently, has experience leading projects with tight timelines, possesses a keen attention to detail and is able to interpret and present data in a visually compelling format to financial and non-financial audiences.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will be responsible for developing and managing the planning, reporting, and analytical tools necessary to support MeSo. This includes spearheading initiatives geared toward improving the efficiency and accuracy of the Finance Teams’ primary deliverables. In addition, the role will provide integral business decision support. Key contributions include financial forecasting, and performance trend insights and variance analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with and provide analytical support to Sales leaders throughout sales target setting
- Serve as a primary contact for support functions on process improvements, research, analysis and reporting as needed
- Prepare monthly management reporting, highlighting key insights and drivers related to marketing contract spend
- Collaborate with internal customers in Lodging and Commercial Strategy to support business case and spend requests
- Translate current business drivers to build quarterly forecasts and annual plan
- Develop and share best-practices across the team to improve efficacy and help the team win
- Become an authority on Media Solutions and effectively communicate business performance across the organization
Who you are:
- BA/BS required; CPA or MBA preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in a similar financial or analytical role
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated knowledge of financial budgeting/forecasting processes
- Consultative, data-driven approach towards business problems and process improvements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and with all levels of management
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple projects within tight timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity
- Advanced Excel skills a must and working knowledge of VBA preferred
- Experience with Oracle, Hyperion and Essbase preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.