Senior Finance Director at Donuts Inc.
Senior Finance Director
From .life to .solutions to .news, Donuts is the global leader in high-quality, top-level domains. Our fresh, relevant new domain names provide variety and choice to easily manage and amplify your digital identity. Donuts Inc. is also the parent company of Name.com, a leading domain name registrar. Donuts Inc. is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington with offices in Denver, Dublin, Los Angeles and Beijing. Find out more about us at www.donuts.domains and www.name.com.
Donuts is seeking a results-driven Senior Director of Finance to lead the FP&A function for two of its largest Business Units. This role is best suited for someone who will thrive in a dynamic environment and is eager to learn and partner with business leaders across the company. This role will provide insight into financial and operating drivers in support of the company’s growth. This role is responsible for managing the financial analysis, planning, and issue identification, as well as financial reporting for the Registry and Registry Services Provider business units. This role has management responsibilities and currently has one direct report. Additional responsibilities include leading, planning, and coordinating work teams in an efficient manner to perform financial functions and activities while utilizing metrics to track performance and to ensure processes and procedures are compliant and consistent with established business practices.
- Provide financial analysis, interpretation of variances from budgets and forecasts; advise business partners on problems/issues as identified and participate in providing solutions.
- Direct preparation of budgets, including the review of budget proposals and preparation of necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Partnering with the business to help achieve strategic and tactical goals including corporate and channel marketing program ROI.
- Prepare financial review material, variance analysis and business performance commentaries. Highlight issues and work with the leadership team to mitigate the risks and maximize the opportunities across the business.
- Analysis of key business drivers throughout the fiscal year both in period ending and KPI reporting; and for rolling forecasts and annual operating plans.
- Facilitating the preparation of short and long term planning activities, engaging business partners in developing business plans and maintaining established forecasts.
- Work with business partners in reviewing project and investment proposals. Assist with the preparation of business cases, ensuring relevant modeling and alternatives are evaluated allowing for informed decisions.
- Driving continuous change to meet and exceed business requirements and best practice.
- Project Management:Develop and support a strategic alliance with business partners. Participate in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage.
- Help develop the financial savvy of non-finance senior management through presentations and ongoing coaching on key business drivers and performance indicators.
Qualifications, Education and Requirements:
- 10+ years of finance or FP&A experience, including strategic and tactical ownership
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in finance, accounting; MBA/CPA desired
- Extensive knowledge and experience in financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Ability to present and articulate financial information/complex cost models simply and concisely.
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines under pressure and deliver 'right first time' financial information.
- Highly flexible, comfortable with large amounts of information, adept at managing expectations, and able to set and adjust priorities as needed.
- Ability to lead and work effectively in teams and with all levels both in and outside of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to liaison at senior leadership level both internally and externally.
- Donuts offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. Donuts also offers great perks such as catered Friday lunches, a fully-stocked kitchen including coffee, snacks and drinks, as well as great meal options and amenities around Bellevue. (Currently, due to Covid-19 we are working remotely from home).
- Donuts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.