Senior Finance Manager – eCP Finance at Expedia Group
As a member of the eCommerce Platform (eCP) Finance team, you will play a critical role in providing eCP leadership with business insight into the financial performance of the Platform Foundation & Strategy and eIT organizations. The right individual for this role is able to think strategically, tactically, and analytically. You have the ability to influence leadership through effective communication, financial analysis, pragmatic solutions, and presentation of alternatives. You are creative, curious, and take initiative.
What you'll do:
- Lead the preparation and compilation of MBRs, QBRs, annual plan, quarterly forecast, and month-end close activities
- Understand key business drivers and provide management with accurate, timely, and relevant information for decision making
- Play a leadership role in modeling, forecasting, and understanding financial implications of migration to the cloud across the Expedia Inc. brands
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities
- Create presentations and analyses in support of the President and CFO of eCP
- Provide adhoc analytical support and perform special projects as needed
- Lead and develop a small finance team
Who you are:
- Advanced analytic, forecasting, reporting, and modeling capabilities
- Proactive, independent thinker with demonstrated record of approaching management with original views on how to improve the business using data driven analysis
- Proven ability to prioritize quickly and deliver results with a strong track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
- Exceptional data analysis skills at a detail level to provide insights, feedback, and perspective on operational and financial performance
- Executive level oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate complex analyses in a simple manner
- Detail oriented with ability to see the ‘big picture’ and understand key trends and levers
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves at a fast pace
- Ability to create strong relationships, work with diverse teams, and influence across functional & business boundaries
- Strong attention to customer service; adaptable to different work styles and personalities
- Results oriented individual with a high level of professionalism and discretion in handling confidential information
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- 6+ years of relevant finance experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- BA/BS degree in business, finance or a related field. Graduate degree in business or finance preferred.
- Familiarity with Hyperion Planning / Essbase or similar applications is desired
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.