At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. We are rapidly growing as we expand our product offerings and global footprint, and this growth continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and calculate the complex into simple, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
The Assurance Finance team is seeking a Senior Finance Manager, Revenue Analysis, that thrives in a fast-paced, analytical, collaborative environment, supporting an innovative and rapidly growing company. The Senior Finance Manager will partner closely with our Engineering and Data Science teams on the build-out of an automated calculation engine. You’ll be responsible for the implementation of this solution and manage the process, providing ongoing insights to the business regarding the profitability for each product at the most granular levels.
In this role you’ll gain an understanding of the business and products, bring together datasets necessary to provide deep insights, will partner effectively across the organization including Product Management, Data Science, and Engineering. Your work will drive business decisions and allow us to properly calculate revenue under US GAAP.
Both Assurance and its Finance team are built upon a foundation of world-class technology, data science, and human talent that are combined to solve tough business problems through the generation of insights and execution. The right person for this role thrives in an ever-changing and environment and loves combining an analytical and finance lens to solve business problems.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Serve as the subject matter expert regarding cash flow and revenue analysis
- Build a robust process that supports revenue analytics for new products that Assurance is launching to meet ever-changing customer needs
- Own the end-to-end revenue booking and analysis process, including data ingestion, analytics, and validation
- Ensure adequate internal control documentation
- Create efficient processes and manage multiple workflows with various stakeholders
- Develop a reporting framework and dashboards that provide insights regarding revenue and profitability to senior management
- Ad hoc analysis and projects as needed
- Manage at least one team member (Finance Revenue Analyst)
- Expected to travel to HQ 1 - 2x / month
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Adaptability to different stakeholders, audiences, and environments
- A demonstrated track record of process improvements and automation leveraging collaborative technology
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively to senior management
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Data Visualization (SQL experience is a plus)
- A strong work ethic and a drive to exceed expectations
- Strong analytic, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- A positive attitude and willingness to partner effectively
- Strong attention to detail
The following is highly desired:
- Insurance or insurance tech experience
Please review our CCPA policies here.
Read Full Job Description