Senior Finance Manager
Does generating impact on a rapidly growing sector in the online travel ecosystem make you tick? Do you have a passion for using financial analysis to help craft the future of massive marketing distribution channels? Expedia spends over a billion dollars a year across different channels to acquire customers. This Senior Finance Manager position adds to Expedia success through supporting the Global Marketing Organization (GMO) by performing financial analysis, forecasting, business modeling, and improving return on marketing spend. This role will specifically provide FP&A support to Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
You will be a self-starter who enjoys problem-solving, pays attention to detail, and is able to work well with all levels of the cross-functional teams including Expedia marketing, finance, and accounting.
What you'll do:
- Lead finance partner to SEM and SEO teams.
- Understand key business drivers and provide management with accurate, timely, and relevant information for decision making
- Lead the preparation and presentations of weekly trading meetings, identify emerging trends, and recommend actions needed to run the business
- Partner with the GMO leaders to deliver high-quality short, medium and long-term financial forecasts including the Annual Financial Plan
- Play a leadership role in modeling, forecasting and appraising marketing investments and capital allocation proposals.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities
- Provide adhoc analytical support and perform special projects as needed
- Lead and develop one senior analyst
Who you are:
- Proactive, independent thinker with demonstrated record of approaching management with original views on how to improve the business using data driven analysis
- Proven ability to prioritize quickly and deliver results with a strong track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
- Exceptional data analysis skills at a detail level to interpret and present data in a visually compelling format to financial and non-financial audiences
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves at a fast pace
- Ability to create strong relationships, work with diverse teams, and influence across functional & business boundaries
- Strong attention to customer service; adaptable to different work styles and personalities
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- 8+ years of relevant finance experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- BA/BS degree in business, finance or a related field. Graduate degree in business or finance preferred.
- Familiarity with Hyperion Planning / Essbase or similar applications is desired
Who We Are
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.