Senior Finance Manager at Karat
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Citrix. Our network of experienced Interview Engineers have conducted tens of thousands of technical interviews with software engineering candidates. Clients increase capacity to interview and unlock engineering productivity, all while providing exceptional candidate experiences.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, Indeed, Citrix, Intuit, and Palantir.
About our Finance team:
As a member for the Finance team at Karat, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and grow the company and business. You will be a key player of a team comprised of high performing operations excellence and finance professionals that work across departments to provide a wide range of financial and decision support information to senior management and department heads, including developing business plans, evaluating new initiatives, and maintaining long range financial plans.
What You Will Do
- Develop analytical and strategic analyses to inform operational and strategic decision-making
- Be a thought leader and partner cross-functionally to drive operational efficiencies while scaling the company
- Establish a state-of-the-art planning and financial forecasting process. Understand key drivers of change within the financial results and present findings to leadership.
- Build comprehensive financial models to forecast bookings, revenue and expenses to enable effective P&L and cash flow management.
- Develop and measure key performance metrics. Communicate the performance of those metrics to business stakeholders
- Perform analyses of financial data to identify trends, risks, and opportunities; provide recommendations for improvement
- 8+ years of relevant experience in strategic finance and/or FP&A at high-growth technology companies (e.g. cloud, SaaS).
- Track record of collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders to move initiatives forward, accelerate growth and improving profits
- Demonstrated ability to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment
- The ability to maintain high-performance under tight timelines and a “roll up your sleeves” mindset to get the job done
- Strong Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using financial planning tools (e.g. Adaptive Insights)
- Knowledge of SQL
Benefits of joining Karat:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Karat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Karat and the state/country where you work.