Senior Financial Analyst, Enterprise Risk & Security (ERS)
Senior Financial Analyst, Enterprise Risk & Security
Expedia’s eCommerce Platform (eCP) FP&A is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to provide financial management support to the Enterprise Risk & Security (ERS) business team and key Expedia Inc. brand organizations globally. You will provide financial planning and analysis insight to enable solid business decision making, provide oversight of ERS managed financial metrics, help improve financial literacy across business teams, and drive overall shareholder value through various support and analytics for strategic initiatives. You will be able to work cross-functionally across multiple business teams and support groups within Expedia Inc. while balancing multiple projects.
What you’ll do:
- Drive complex fraud loss financial modeling and reporting.
- Serve as a key business partner supporting ERS management and other internal partners with financial insight, operational support, and analysis.
- Develop a shared understanding of business performance drivers and metrics, ability to consume multiple data sources and identify interdependencies.
- Develop and lead monthly business reviews covering financial and non-financial metrics, including performance against stated objectives.
- Develop business cases and identifying process gaps; exhibiting a consistent drive for improvement.
- Participate in the development of a planning and review cycles, including defining evaluation and presentation tools, processes, and reporting.
- Influence decision-making to ensure business partners meet the financial objectives of the organization.
- Partner with the ERS Business Intelligence team to provide visibility and insights into variable cost drivers.
- Produce and look for ways to enhance predictive, bottoms-up analytics on loss patterns and observed drivers.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities.
- Provide ad hoc analytical support and perform special projects as needed.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA strongly preferred
- 3+ years of professional Financial experience.
- Experience in a travel, technology, e-commerce, and/or financial operations organization is preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with ability to convert raw data from multiple sources into actionable business insights.
- Advanced experience with Excel, Oracle, and Hyperion Planning/Essbase.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to partner across complex organizations.
- Demonstrated proactive approach towards business problems and process improvements.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity.
- Ability to manage projects and processes independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Interest in learning new tools, processes, and systems.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.