Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
Egencia -- Expedia Group business travel -- is one of the top Travel Management Companies (TMCs) in the world.
We are at the center of revolutionizing business travel with our cutting-edge technology and products in the industry, providing innovative business travel solutions in 60+ countries.
We are one of the fastest growing brands within Expedia Group and in our 17-year history we have grown from a small start-up to become one of the largest corporate travel management companies in the world.
Even through growth over the years, we have maintained an innovative, entrepreneurial and fun culture. We believe that the only way to guarantee our company's success and continue to lead innovation in the travel industry is to build great teams and provide an environment where people can do their best work.
We are currently hiring for a Senior Financial Analyst, to be based out of Bellevue (soon-to-be Seattle!) location. Could this be you?
Who You Are:
- You are keenly curious about what drives the business and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You possess qualitative and quantitative financial skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- The ability to succinctly synthesize findings; excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to influence others
- You are able to multi-task and work independently with limited guidance; work well under pressure; extremely organized with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight time lines
- You are an innovative thinker, and have the ability to analyze problems, create a framework for approach, and propose solutions
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, accounting, business or other relevant field
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience in data manipulation, financial modelling, reporting, insights, and transforming insights into recommendations
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with excellent data-management, and presentation skills; familiarity with financial reporting software (Hyperion/Oracle) a plus
What You Will Do:
As a member of the Global FP&A team you will play a critical role in providing senior leadership with insight into the financial performance of a global organization through data-driven analysis and the reporting of key operational and financial metrics. This role will partner closely with teams throughout Egencia and Expedia Group including Corporate Finance, Accounting, Investor Relations, and Corporate Development to ensure alignment and support enhanced information sharing. Specific examples include:
- Assist in the preparation of summary review materials in support of monthly management reports, variance analyses, trend analysis and financial review documents, ensuring financial reports accurately reflect results
- Partner with senior management to provide insights into the business’ financial performance and perform ad-hoc/scenario analysis and deep dives to help drive decision-making
- Prepare executive presentations demonstrating a mastery of the financial details to develop thoughtful strategic recommendations
- Provide key analytical support to senior finance leadership on highly complex or unusual business problems
- Actively seek out opportunities to enhance existing deliverables; investigate new ways to evaluate and analyze business performance
- Identify opportunities across the business for greater efficiency and productivity; drive change and process improvement through collaboration with stakeholders
- Participate in developing the long-term strategic plan for the worldwide finance organization
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-LS1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.