At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, business and finance professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. Founded only 5 years ago, the company has grown rapidly, achieving more than $375M of revenue in 2020. We are continuing our rapid growth as we expand our product offerings and footprint, which continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and provide a better buying experience, making the complex simple and providing valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
About the Role
The Assurance Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that thrives in a fast-paced, analytical, collaborative environment, supporting an innovative and rapidly growing company. The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Finance Manager and will play a key role in the development and execution of the resource optimization function.
The resource optimization function plays a critical role as the company continues to expand its businesses and works to achieve its growth objectives. The resource optimization processes include ongoing expense forecasting and management reporting for multiple product lines and business functions. In addition, the team is responsible for the analysis of strategic initiatives around capacity planning and optimization. In this role, the successful candidate will interact closely with business leads to gain an understanding of business needs and provide insights to allow for real-time, informed investment decisions. Furthermore, the analysis and insights will support the Senior Leadership team in company-wide decision making and resource optimization. The role will also involve implementing technology solutions to drive more efficient processes.
Both Assurance and its Finance team are built upon a foundation of world-class technology, data science and human talent that are combined to solve tough business problems through the generation of insights and execution. The right person for this role thrives in an ever-changing environment and leveraging both an analytical and financial lens in problem solving.
- Collaborate with product lines and business function leads to manage dynamic budgets
- Provide real-time expense reporting and analysis on budget plans to actuals
- Evaluate expense trends and provide insightful analysis to drive business investment decision-making
- Evaluate strategic investments vs. expected returns
- Perform product and channel economics analytics to drive business improvements
- Help lead forecast transformation initiatives leveraging advanced software tools
- Support quarterly forecast processes and deliverables
- Identify and implement areas of improvement and efficiency
- Ad hoc requests and projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree required - preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related quantitative field (CFA, CPA, MBA, or progress towards preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience in finance or accounting
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills with demonstrated capabilities
- Strong communication, presentation, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with Anaplan is a plus
- Experience with SQL query, Tableau and Looker is a plus
- Open minded, curious, and eager to learn
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytic skills to formulate recommendations and resolve problems
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret complex data and formulate recommendations
- Able to grasp and apply new concepts quickly
- Collaborative and team-oriented, able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize concurrent responsibilities and meet timelines
What Assurance Offers
At Assurance, we strive for audacious goals, and we’re relentless in our pursuit to be the very best we can be, personally and professionally. Our benefits program is intended to enable every Assurance employee to be the best version of themselves. Our culture clears the way for you to challenge yourself and achieve the impossible. Learn more about life at Assurance!
Flexible Working Environment
Your schedule and working hours are up to you at Assurance. We care more about results than when and where you get your work done, and we find that a flexible schedule can help alleviate the stress of a rigid work-life balance.
Unlimited Time Off
We work hard, so it’s important that we take time to refresh and reset when we need it. We empower our employees to take the time that make sense for them.
We want to make sure it’s easy for you to get to and from work, so we a provide free public transportation or greatly subsidized parking close to our office.
From the beginning, our founders believed that beautiful, open, inspiring spaces lead to energy and creativity. We seek beautiful office spaces in all of our locations, and in 2020 we’ll be taking occupancy of a stunning new office on the top two floors of Madison Center in downtown Seattle – this space features floor to ceiling windows with stunning 360 degree views of the Puget Sound, and an exclusive private rooftop deck.
Competitive Health Benefits
Access to high quality healthcare is core to our business, and we care that our employees don’t have to worry about visiting a doctor. All employees receive competitive health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
We believe in the importance of investing in yourself in a variety of ways, including financially. We offer a strong 401k plan, with options to invest in traditional, Roth, and after-tax options, all backed by a best-in-class platform from Prudential.