At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, business and finance professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. Founded only 5 years ago, the company has grown rapidly, achieving more than $375M of revenue in 2020. We are continuing our rapid growth as we expand our product offerings and footprint, which continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and provide a better buying experience, making the complex simple and providing valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
About the Position
The Assurance Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that thrives in a fast-paced, analytical, collaborative environment, supporting an innovative and rapidly growing company.
This position will be responsible for building out an automated revenue calculation and analysis engine. Once buildout is complete, you will be responsible for running the dynamic model to provide insights into product profitability at the most granular levels. In this role, you will gain an understanding of the business and products, bring together datasets necessary to provide deep insights, and will partner effectively across the organization including Product Management, Data Science, and Engineering. Your work will facilitate the revenue calculation process and provide the analytics needed to drive business decisions.
Both Assurance and its Finance team are built upon a foundation of world-class technology, data science, and human talent that are combined to solve tough business problems through the generation of insights and execution. The right person for this role thrives in an ever-changing and environment and loves combining an analytical and finance lens to solve business problems.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop new financial models to support new product design, revenue analytics and buildout of robust processes to streamline revenue booking and reporting cycles
- Run and maintain multiple complex revenue calculation models
- Utilize sophisticated data and BI tools, Tableau and Looker to extract, ingest, analyze, and validate large scale datasets and translate business problems into data models, visualizations, reports and presentations which yield actionable recommendations.
- Monitor policy revenue and profitability trends across key line of business, prepare revenue reporting and provide data to support the revenue forecasting and financial reporting.
- Identify and implement areas of improvements and efficiency
- Review contracts, rates, and commission transactions to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Maintain an audit trail of complex revenue treatment of transactions, assumptions, and amendments, and respond to inquiries from internal business partners and auditors
- Assist in month-end and quarterly revenue process and financial reporting
- Ad hoc analysis and projects
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in finance or accounting
- Advanced Excel skills and heavy modeling skills with demonstrated capabilities
- Familiarity with one or more database and BI tools such as SQL query, Tableau, Power BI, or Looker
Preferred Experience and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret complex data and formulate recommendations
- Ability to effectively prioritize concurrent responsibilities and meet timelines
- Familiarity with basic concepts of insurance industry or financial services
- CPA, CFA, MBA, or progress towards
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.