At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, business and finance professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. Founded only 5 years ago, the company has grown rapidly, achieving more than $375M of revenue in 2020. We are continuing our rapid growth as we expand our product offerings and footprint, which continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and provide a better buying experience, making the complex simple and providing valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
The Assurance Finance team is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst that thrives in a fast-paced, analytical, collaborative environment, supporting an innovative and rapidly growing company. The Senior Finance Analyst will report to the Senior Revenue Manager and will play an important role in the team building out an automated revenue calculation and analysis engine. Once buildout is complete, you will be responsible for running the dynamic model to provide insights into product profitability at the most granular levels.
In this role, you will gain an understanding of the business and products, bring together datasets necessary to provide deep insights, and will partner effectively across the organization including Product Management, Data Science, and Engineering. Your work will facilitate the revenue calculation process and provide the analytics needed to drive business decisions.
Both Assurance and its Finance team are built upon a foundation of world-class technology, data science, and human talent that are combined to solve tough business problems through the generation of insights and execution. The right person for this role thrives in an ever-changing and environment and loves combining an analytical and finance lens to solve business problems.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop new financial models to support new product design, revenue analytics and buildout of robust processes to streamline revenue booking and reporting cycles
- Run and maintain multiple complex revenue calculation models
- Utilize sophisticated data and BI tools, Tableau and Looker to extract, ingest, analyze, and validate large scale datasets and translate business problems into data models, visualizations, reports and presentations which yield actionable recommendations.
- Monitor policy revenue and profitability trends across key line of business, prepare revenue reporting and provide data to support the revenue forecasting and financial reporting.
- Identify and implement areas of improvements and efficiency
- Review contracts, rates, and commission transactions to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Maintain an audit trail of complex revenue treatment of transactions, assumptions, and amendments, and respond to inquiries from internal business partners and auditors
- Assist in month-end and quarterly revenue process and financial reporting
- Ad hoc analysis and projects
- Bachelor's degree required - preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related quantitative field
- At least 5 years of experience in finance or accounting
- Must have advanced Excel skills and heavy modeling skills with demonstrated capabilities
- Experience with database and BI tools such as SQL query, Tableau, Power BI and Looker is preferred
- Familiarity with basic concepts of the insurance industry or financial services is a plus
- CPA, CFA, MBA, or progress towards, is preferred but not required
Preferred Experience and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytic skills to formulate recommendations and resolve problems
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret complex data and formulate recommendations
- Able to grasp and apply new concepts quickly
- Collaborative and team-oriented communication style, able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize concurrent responsibilities and meet timelines
What Assurance Offers
At Assurance, we strive for audacious goals, and we’re relentless in our pursuit to be the very best we can be, personally and professionally. Our benefits program is intended to enable every Assurance employee to be the best version of themselves. Our culture clears the way for you to challenge yourself and achieve the impossible. Learn more about life at Assurance!
Flexible Working Environment
Your schedule and working hours are up to you at Assurance. We care more about results than when and where you get your work done, and we find that a flexible schedule can help alleviate the stress of a rigid work-life balance.
Unlimited Time Off
We work hard, so it’s important that we take time to refresh and reset when we need it. We empower our employees to take the time that make sense for them.
We want to make sure it’s easy for you to get to and from work, so we a provide free public transportation or greatly subsidized parking close to our office.
From the beginning, our founders believed that beautiful, open, inspiring spaces lead to energy and creativity. We seek beautiful office spaces in all of our locations, and in 2020 we’ll be taking occupancy of a stunning new office on the top two floors of Madison Center in downtown Seattle – this space features floor to ceiling windows with stunning 360 degree views of the Puget Sound, and an exclusive private rooftop deck.
Competitive Health Benefits
Access to high quality healthcare is core to our business, and we care that our employees don’t have to worry about visiting a doctor. All employees receive competitive health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
We believe in the importance of investing in yourself in a variety of ways, including financially. We offer a strong 401k plan, with options to invest in traditional, Roth, and after-tax options, all backed by a best-in-class platform from Prudential.