Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
About the Position
The Assurance Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that thrives in a fast-paced, analytical, collaborative environment, supporting an innovative and rapidly growing company.
This position will be responsible for building out an automated revenue calculation and analysis engine. Once buildout is complete, you will be responsible for running the dynamic model to provide insights into product profitability at the most granular levels. In this role, you will gain an understanding of the business and products, bring together datasets necessary to provide deep insights, and will partner effectively across the organization including Product Management, Data Science, and Engineering. Your work will facilitate the revenue calculation process and provide the analytics needed to drive business decisions.
Both Assurance and its Finance team are built upon a foundation of world-class technology, data science, and human talent that are combined to solve tough business problems through the generation of insights and execution. The right person for this role thrives in an ever-changing and environment and loves combining an analytical and finance lens to solve business problems.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop new financial models to support new product design, revenue analytics and buildout of robust processes to streamline revenue booking and reporting cycles
- Run and maintain multiple complex revenue calculation models
- Utilize sophisticated data and BI tools, Tableau and Looker to extract, ingest, analyze, and validate large scale datasets and translate business problems into data models, visualizations, reports and presentations which yield actionable recommendations.
- Monitor policy revenue and profitability trends across key line of business, prepare revenue reporting and provide data to support the revenue forecasting and financial reporting.
- Identify and implement areas of improvements and efficiency
- Review contracts, rates, and commission transactions to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Maintain an audit trail of complex revenue treatment of transactions, assumptions, and amendments, and respond to inquiries from internal business partners and auditors
- Assist in month-end and quarterly revenue process and financial reporting
- Ad hoc analysis and projects
- Bachelor's degree required - preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related quantitative field
- At least 5 years of experience in finance or accounting
- Must have advanced Excel skills and heavy modeling skills with demonstrated capabilities
- Experience with database and BI tools such as SQL query, Tableau, Power BI and Looker is preferred
- Familiarity with basic concepts of insurance industry or financial services is a plus
- CPA, CFA, MBA, or progress towards, is preferred but not required
Preferred Experience and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytic skills to formulate recommendations and resolve problems
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret complex data and formulate recommendations
- Able to grasp and apply new concepts quickly
- Collaborative and team-oriented communication style, able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize concurrent responsibilities and meet timelines
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment