At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, business and finance professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. Founded only 5 years ago, the company has grown rapidly, achieving more than $375M of revenue in 2020. We are continuing our rapid growth as we expand our product offerings and footprint, which continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and provide a better buying experience, making the complex simple and providing valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
About the Role
The Assurance Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that thrives in a fast-paced, analytical, collaborative environment, supporting an innovative and rapidly growing company. The Senior Finance Analyst will report to the FP&A Director and will play an important role in for the company in building out technology-enabled forecasting capabilities, leading the preparation of C suite-level performance report-outs, support the multi-year forecast process, as well as ad hoc strategic projects and analyses to help the business achieve its growth objectives.
In this role, the successful candidate will gain an understanding of the business, its value drivers, economics, products, and customer perspective. All while helping drive operational and financial strategic initiatives with data driven analysis and insights. The successful candidate will partner effectively across the organization including Product Management, Marketing, Data Science, and Distribution to enhance the accuracy and efficiency of the projections and establish the roadmap for achieving the firm’s financial objectives. The candidate will also be a key member of the team who will be building new technology and forecasting tools to improve business transparency, analytics, and automation.
Both Assurance and its Finance team are built upon a foundation of world-class technology, data science, and human talent that are combined to solve tough business problems through the generation of insights and execution. The successful candidate thrives in an ever-changing environment and loves to dive deep into the details to draw insights that drive valuable business outcomes.
- Utilize sophisticated data and BI tools, including Tableau and Looker, to analyze large scale datasets and translate business problems into operating financial models to drive business recommendations
- Help lead forecast transformation initiatives leveraging advanced software tools
- Build and maintain financial models for each line of business - Develop and analyze daily and weekly marketing lead supply/demand projections
- Monitor daily performance across business lines and build/enhance dashboards to assist in performance tracking
- Own daily forecast dashboards to ensure up-to-date tracking for performance management
- Maintain competitor analytics
- Identify and implement areas of improvements and efficiency
- Assist in quarterly financial reporting
- Ad hoc analysis and projects
- Bachelor's degree required - preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related quantitative field (CFA, CPA, MBA, or progress towards preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience in finance or accounting
- Experience with database and BI tools such as SQL query, Tableau, Power BI, and Looker
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills with demonstrated capabilities
- Strong communication, presentation, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with Anaplan is a plus
- Open minded, curious, and eager to learn
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytic skills to formulate recommendations and resolve problems
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret complex data and formulate recommendations
- Able to grasp and apply new concepts quickly
- Collaborative and team-oriented, able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize concurrent responsibilities and meet timelines
What Assurance Offers
At Assurance, we strive for audacious goals, and we’re relentless in our pursuit to be the very best we can be, personally and professionally. Our benefits program is intended to enable every Assurance employee to be the best version of themselves. Our culture clears the way for you to challenge yourself and achieve the impossible. Learn more about life at Assurance!
Flexible Working Environment
Your schedule and working hours are up to you at Assurance. We care more about results than when and where you get your work done, and we find that a flexible schedule can help alleviate the stress of a rigid work-life balance.
Unlimited Time Off
We work hard, so it’s important that we take time to refresh and reset when we need it. We empower our employees to take the time that make sense for them.
We want to make sure it’s easy for you to get to and from work, so we a provide free public transportation or greatly subsidized parking close to our office.
From the beginning, our founders believed that beautiful, open, inspiring spaces lead to energy and creativity. We seek beautiful office spaces in all of our locations, and in 2020 we’ll be taking occupancy of a stunning new office on the top two floors of Madison Center in downtown Seattle – this space features floor to ceiling windows with stunning 360 degree views of the Puget Sound, and an exclusive private rooftop deck.
Competitive Health Benefits
Access to high quality healthcare is core to our business, and we care that our employees don’t have to worry about visiting a doctor. All employees receive competitive health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
We believe in the importance of investing in yourself in a variety of ways, including financially. We offer a strong 401k plan, with options to invest in traditional, Roth, and after-tax options, all backed by a best-in-class platform from Prudential.