Senior Financial Analyst
Why we’ll hire you:
- You love forecasting - connecting the dots between what cohort behavior shows us to ultimately communicating what the business does at the summary level.
- You are scary good with data. You look at charts, furrow your eyebrows, and observe that something doesn’t seem quite right. Others see trends; you see outliers. Financial accounting, general ledger reviews, reclass and accruals, variance analysis, invoice payment issues - these things are second nature to you.
- You have deep empathy for the business owners you will support. You understand at a cellular level that people have jobs to do and decisions to make, and it is your job to help them do that in as data-driven a way as possible.
- You have an uncanny ability to get to the question behind the question. You do not accept presuppositions, and are driven to find solutions and novel approaches; to figure out what can be done to move the business forward, in the messy real world of imperfect information.
- You show a pattern of being self-started, self-taught, and self-directed. You are your own QA team, producing quality analysis and creating novel ways to ensure accuracy in reporting and forecasting
At a high level, you will have three core areas of focus:
- Be a Senior Financial Analyst, working with the team to provide day to day support in reporting and analysis as it relates to our financial and operational metrics, specifically partnering with multiple Marketing leaders to ensure key performance targets are being met.
- Also as senior analyst, own and manage the topline revenue forecast model by querying SQL data, building sophisticated projection models, and presenting narrative to senior leadership audiences.
- Partner with accounting and operational business owners to ensure financial accuracy, manage expenses, update forecasts, and narrate financial story to senior leadership.
- Scale and transition from startup to mature enterprise - we need the best people on board to help us refine our planning processes, and ensure financial management and accountability are spread throughout the organization
Your toolset includes:
- SQL data querying - you are fluent, easily navigating through a large data warehouse
- Experience and a passion for fast paced, high growth companies
- Periscope, Tableau, Power BI or similar data visualization tools
- Netsuite, Hyperion, Host Analytics, Adaptive Planning, or other EPM tools
- Fundamentals of financial accounting, analytics and internal customer service
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Math, Statistics, Business, or Computer Science preferred - the main thing is you have learned how to think analytically.
- At least 5-8 years in corporate finance / operational FP&A at either a high-growth tech startup or an established technology company
- Extraordinary Excel / financial modeling skills. Best practices are second-nature, you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity, and are constantly excited by new tips and tricks
- Attention to detail combined with swift implementation. We need to do multiple things quickly and we need to do them well
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, you know how to present analytics results to the business in a useful and consumable way. You proactively reach out to management to engage in discussions and share regular updates on the business
- Deep understanding of accounting rules, and the impacts to financial forecasting
- High emotional intelligence and adept communication are required in our fast-moving environment
Benefits of working for Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)