Senior Financial Analyst
The EPS Controllership team is seeking a creative and collaborative Senior Financial Analyst to support a dynamic and growing business within the EPS portfolio.
The EPS Controllership team empowers delivery of EPS organizational and strategic goals through financial intelligence and operational excellence. As part of the EPS Controllership team, you will be responsible for liaising with internal and external partners to support the rapid growth of the B2B business, driving continuous improvement in execution. Additionally, you will serve as a trusted advisor, working closely with Account Managers, Product, Finance, and Technology teams as well as Expedia Group corporate departments (Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Audit, Accounts Payable, and Billing teams).
What you’ll do:
- Participate in recurring pipeline review meetings, monitor and report status
- Onboard new partners, ensure timely review of contracts and provide pre- and post-implementation support
- Identify and analyze partner implementation risks; design/implement scalable processes mitigating such risks
- Document and present program business requirements to key stakeholders
- Monitor and guide programs to ensure solutions satisfy defined business requirements
- Own the monthly accruals process within Accounting’s month end close timelines and SOX control requirements
- Execute the monthly process for payment and partner marketing fee reporting packages in accordance with partner contracts
- Analyze results and investigate transaction queries
- Manage processing of marketing fund invoices
- Accountable for SOX documentation
- Run the annual SOX procedures with internal and external auditors
- Perform data analysis to evaluate existing business/operational processes; recommend/design/implement effective and scalable operational, SOX compliant processes and process enhancements
- Present complex financial concepts and technical details to non-financial business partners in an easy to understand manner
- Establish strong working relationships with business partners across various teams
- Review work prepared by analyst
- Ad-hoc projects as required
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years professional Accounting, Finance or Audit experience, Public Accounting experience is a plus
- Innovative thinker with ability to recommend unique solutions to address complex problems
- Professional “can do” work ethic, with the ability to handle many conflicting tasks
- Established at building solid, successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with cross functional teams across domestic and international time zones
- Receptive and adaptive to a rapidly changing business environment while maintaining focus on key business goals and objectives
- Advanced Excel skills with experience of handling large and complex data sets
- Experience building Excel models and reports using complex formulas
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Experience with the following systems a plus: SQL Teradata, Oracle and Business Objects
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with modesty and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. We also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.