At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We're searching for a Sr. Accountant - Financial Reporting to join Remitly’s Finance team, reporting to our Financial Reporting Manager. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual contributor with a bias for action who is excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in a fast-paced and dynamically growing Company.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare consolidated, regulatory, and statutory financial statements in accordance with the relevant financial reporting framework
- Accounting for stock based compensation expense
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare the relevant documentation working closely with the operational accounting and customer transactional accounting program managers in the business application of new accounting standards
- Assist with:
- coordinating the financial statement audits and reviews;
- fulfilling statutory audit and financial reporting requirements;
- preparing internal and external financial reporting packages;
- equity administration;
- preparing and documenting variance analyses;
- establishing a system of internal controls over financial reporting and ensuring design and operating effectiveness of these internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance and 3+ years of professional experience in an accounting role
- Financial reporting experience for a public company
Public accounting experience with public company clients required, CPA strongly preferred
- Strong technical accounting background
- Strong analytical skills
- Great attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer