Senior FP&A Analyst
HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information. Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the world’s largest cannabis information resource. We’re expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for driven, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored. If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What You Will Be Doing:
The Senior FP&A Analyst will be a business partner to teams across the organization and report to the Director of Finance. You will own the financial planning and forecasting for the organization and work closely with the Director of Finance and business leaders to operationalize the forecasts into annual and semi-annual budgets. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing multiple revenue opportunities and identifying the most advantageous, preferably in a digital publishing/advertising or marketplace business and will be analytical, data driven, detail oriented, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and effective in balancing multiple priorities. This role will be critical in Leafly continuing to leverage our leadership position in the rapidly evolving global cannabis industry.
- Ownership of budgeting, planning and forecasting for the organization and ensuring assumptions are consistent, data is accurate,business drivers are identified and monitored, and risks and opportunities are understood
- Work closely with Product Managers and Sales Leaders to model revenue potential of new products and markets
- Identify root causes of financial performance; Actively call out risks and find opportunities to steer the business towards beating targets
- Work with Senior Leadership on financial presentations for internal stakeholders, Board of Directors, and current and potential investors
- Ownership of the long-term (3-5 year) financial model
- Analyse overall effectiveness of different business initiatives providing leadership with ongoing risk assessment against objectives
- Support decision-making through analysis of past performance and projecting financial scenarios;
- Build and refine robust financial models
- Work closely with the Data Team to translate financial information into easily consumable dashboards in Tableau and/or Salesforce
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and deep dives to improve financial and operational performance and evaluate new opportunities
- BS/BA degree or better in relevant discipline or equivalent in relevant experience in operations
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in similar roles, preferably in the digital publisher/advertising industry with international presence
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, extensive modeling experience and Microsoft Powerpoint or presentation skills
- Strong program management, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in a rapidly growing company
- Business acumen: can explain the story behind the numbers and recommend solutions
- Preferred but optional qualifications:
- Proficiency in Tableau
- Experience with digital advertising revenue models
- Excellent team and positive interpersonal skills, with a general willingness to help others
*Have you experienced the Leafly app? We are actively seeking individuals that understand our product and have a zest for learning more. Download on iOS and Android today and subscribe to our newsletter for updates.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. Leafly is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
Please, no phone calls/no recruiting agencies.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Read Full Job Description