Senior Internal Auditor
Are you a highly-motivated auditor looking to join a collaborative team to audit and advise on business and tech risks? Do you have strong communication skills, desire to learn, and a passion for details? Would you like to be a part of a growing, high-performing, global internal audit team? Do you share our passion for travel and technology?
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Group, we are smack in the middle of it. We create tools and technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their trips. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving, and making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
What you’ll do:
- Plan and execute audit and consultancy projects, including but not limited to audit planning, facilitation of process interviews, identification of risks, internal controls testing, identification of issues, and communication of audit/consultancy results to Company management;
- Demonstrate understanding of key business process risks and controls, and perform evaluation of design and effectiveness of controls;
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Controls testing and complete review procedures for testing performed by other team members;
- Perform advisory work for key processes or projects being implemented consisting of evaluating gaps and risk and providing guidance prior to implementation;
- Participate in enterprise-wide risk assessment interviews with key partners;
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task on quality work deliverables; and
- Coach, train, onboard and provide mentorship to junior members of the team in addition to building and maintaining strong positive relationships with Expedia personnel.
Who you are:
You will fit this role if you have:
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 3 - 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 3 years of related work experience;
- Experience in financial, operational or IT audit;
- Knowledge of SOX;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with previous experience in writing internal audit reports;
- Ability to travel domestic and international with ease – for some employees, the role may require up to 20% travel
You will be preferred for this role if you have:
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred, but not required;
- CPA/CA, CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CFE, CMA, RICS APC, or CCIM certification desired (or ability to obtain a certification within 2 years);
- Knowledge of services/systems prevalent in large-scale public / technology organizations (including AWS, Workday, Hadoop and Oracle ERP) and experience in systems implementations and general computing controls;
- Degree in accounting, finance, computer science, business or a related field
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenter®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.